Career Opportunities with Global Heritage Fund
Do you want to make a difference in heritage conservation? Do you want to join a diverse team working on the most pressing problems facing our global cultural heritage? If so, then we want to hear from you. Check out Global Heritage Fund’s job opportunities by clicking on the available choices below and send us your resume today!
Position: Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Reports to: CEO
Location: San Francisco, CA
Salary: Commensurate with experience
About Global Heritage Fund
Global Heritage Fund is a global non-profit based in San Francisco focused on the sustainable preservation of world heritage sites in areas of economic need. Over the past 13 years, GHF has invested over $50 million to preserve, protect and promote 30 precious heritage sites in 20 countries around the world through an integrated methodology of planning, conservation, community development and strategic partnerships.
A fast growing, global non-profit with headquarters in San Francisco and offices in London and Hong Kong is looking for an Executive Assistant/Office Manager (“EA/OM”) to support the CEO and small headquarters office. The EA/OM will assist and support the organization’s CEO in carrying out high-level interactions, organizing, communications, organizational leadership, recording useful meeting minutes, management, and fundraising. In addition to providing administrative support to the CEO, the candidate is expected to provide basic bookkeeping work in collaboration with external accountants and lead the planning, organization, and coordination of the operational functions of GHF’s headquarters office.
The Executive Assistant/Office Manager’s responsibilities by function include:
- Maintain online calendars, schedule meetings, organize travel logistics, and provide related support to the CEO.
- Assist the CEO in drafting and mailing professional emails, letters, and reports. This includes but is not limited to the following proficiencies: act as a skilled gatekeeper able to manage and screen CEO’s inbound/outbound calls; update and maintain contacts in the CRM database; interact regularly with C-Level executives and global leaders from around the world.
- Assist with scheduling, organization, and coordination of board meetings, including preparation of necessary briefing documents and related materials.
- Capture, process, and organize data and tasks to ensure effective management of CEO workload. Assist in meeting preparation, note and minute taking and provide follow-up assistance when needed.
- Assist the CEO with expense reports and Human Resources work as requested.
Bookkeeping & Accounting
This position will provide bookkeeping and accounting support to the CEO, CFO and external accountants, including front-end financial data collection, revenue and expense coding, and account reconciliations. Specifically, the EA/OM will be expected to:
- Prepare, manage and submit CEO’s expense reports through Expensify.
- Review and correct expense reports of other staff members through Expensify.
- Support the CFO and external accountants on accounting and financial management activities.
- Assist with the internal GHF bookkeeping function, including but not limited to: providing general ledger account coding for revenues as received and expenses as incurred prior to forwarding to outside accountants; creating and providing weekly revenue and expense logs for accountants and GHF finance team; filing financial material according to established records management procedures.
- Manage day-to-day processing of accounts receivable and payable in partnership with accountants and producing reports as requested.
- Ensure that accounting and financial requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties.
- Work with CFO and accountants as a liaison with auditors and tax accountants, schedule audit visits, and ensure that documents are readily available.
- Assist with internal preparation for annual GHF audit and form 990 submission.
- Manage GHF’s fixed asset inventory.
GHF operates with a small headquarters team. This means each person needs to be able to do his or her job and contribute to the team as a whole. It is important that the office (as a physical space), and our various systems be maintained in a way that allows each team member to focus on their particular responsibilities. Toward this end, the EA/OM will:
- Recommend, implement, and manage improvements to GHF operational and IT systems geared towards assuring long-term operational excellence and efficiency.
- Monitor and manage all legal documentation and commitments, including leases and contracts as well as insurance expiration dates, renewal dates, terms, and conditions.
- Manage all software requirements, contracts, and licenses, including research and deployment of new systems that will assist GHF with operational, financial, development, and program effectiveness and efficiency.
- Answer general phone inquiries in a professional and courteous manner. Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff member.
- Sort incoming mail, faxes, and deliveries for distribution.
- Manage and maintain GHF’s archival and administrative files.
- Order office supplies and equipment as required and requested.
- Manage multiple vendor relationships.
- BA/BS degree.
- 5-10 years of experience as a responsible contributor within a dynamic work environment.
- Bookkeeping/office finance experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in anticipating and fulfilling the needs and priorities of a senior executive.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, good judgment, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize competing priorities and follow through quickly, to work independently but also collaboratively, and to pay attention to details.
- Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office Suite and basic database tools.
- Fast learner who is meticulous and detail orientated.
- Ability to function effectively within an organization that works globally.
- Experience in a small, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment.
- Nonprofit experience and/or knowledge of the social sector, grantmaking, and fundraising.
- Ability to research and analyze issues and to prepare a range of memos, reports, proposals, and other documents.
- Fluency in a second or third language a plus.
- International work or travel experiences.
- Interest in history, historic preservation, conservation, global development, international affairs, and travel.
- Experience with Expensify and other business technology platforms a plus.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to: