Career Opportunities with Global Heritage Fund
Do you want to make a difference in heritage conservation? Do you want to join a diverse team working on the most pressing problems facing our global cultural heritage? If so, then we want to hear from you. Check out Global Heritage Fund’s job opportunities by clicking on the available choices below and send us your resume today!
Position: Programs Intern
Reports to: Director of Programs and Partnerships
Status: Full-time contract
Location: San Francisco, CA
Start Date: October 2, 2017
About Global Heritage Fund
Global Heritage Fund is a global non-profit based in San Francisco focused on the sustainable preservation of world heritage sites in areas of economic need. Over the past 13 years, GHF has invested over $50 million to preserve, protect and promote 30 precious heritage sites in 20 countries around the world through an integrated methodology of planning, conservation, community development and strategic partnerships.
GHF Programs intern will provide data entry and administrative support to the Director of Programs and Partnerships as assigned, and will contribute to organizing project documentation. The Programs intern is part of the Program Team and reports to the Regional Director for the region.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Inputting projects data into the Filemaker Pro database.
- Maintaining regional teams filing system on Box and updating the database.
- Communicating with applicants, including, but not limited to: answering email inquiries and processing proposal decline letters.
Other Program Responsibilities
- Drafting project summaries and final report summaries as needed
- Contributing to team’s needs and ad hoc tasks
- Providing administrative support to the Director of Programs and Partnerships as needed.
- Follow Global Heritage Fund policies and procedures, and contribute to institutional knowledge
- Handle ad hoc projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organization and clerical skills with attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent computer skills, especially with database
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with staff and to participate in cross-functional work-teams and other teams as appropriate
- Sensitivity and appreciation for diverse viewpoints and various communication styles within a multicultural work environment
- Good working knowledge of world geography
- Familiarity with cultural heritage and/or economic development
- Excellent Macintosh computer skills
- Knowledge of database programs
- Second language a plus (French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 year previous administrative support experience
- Exposure to a non-profit setting preferred, through work, internship, or study
- Experience working in a diverse, team-orientated, and fast-paced environment
START DATE AND COMPENSATION
The projected start date for this position will be October 2, 2017, and will last for three months, with the possibility to extend the duration of the internship another for another three months. The Program intern is a full-time (40 hours/week) position with a starting wage of $15/hour.
Applications and all supporting documents must be received by September 15, 2017. The Selection Committee will review all applications following the closing date. Applicants will be notified of their status by September 27, 2017. Additionally, because this position works with large amounts of confidential and financial information, final candidates will undergo a background check prior to hire.
All pages of the application should be typed. If emailed, all documents should be in Word format. Each application package should include the following:
- Cover letter, with the applicant’s current contact information
- Resume, including references with contact information
- 1 page writing sample, in English
Complete applications with supporting documents should be sent to us by email (email@example.com). Please do not submit mailed applications via snail mail.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE! Please note: due to the volume of applications we receive, we will not be able to process applications that are incomplete.
The Global Heritage Fund is committed to working globally and addressing inequities. In line with this global lens, it is our policy to actively seek a diverse pool of candidates, from a variety of backgrounds, who are committed to the mission and vision of the Global Heritage Fund.