Career Opportunities with Global Heritage Fund
Do you want to make a difference in heritage conservation? Do you want to join a diverse team working on the most pressing problems facing our global cultural heritage? If so, then we want to hear from you. Check out Global Heritage Fund’s job opportunities by clicking on the available choices below and send us your resume today!
Position: Development Intern
Reports to: Development Associate
Status: Part-time contract
Location: San Francisco, CA
Salary: $15/hour or course credit
Start Date: February 1st, 2018
About Global Heritage Fund
Global Heritage Fund is a global non-profit based in San Francisco focused on the sustainable preservation of world heritage sites in areas of economic need. Over the past 13 years, GHF has invested over $50 million to preserve, protect and promote 30 precious heritage sites in 20 countries around the world through an integrated methodology of planning, conservation, community development and strategic partnerships.
GHF Development intern will execute prospect research and assist with data entry, and will contribute to managing the donor database (Virtuous CRM). The Development intern is part of the development team and reports to the Associate of Development. This internship will offer the Development intern the opportunity to learn about the day to day operations of a global non-profit and the basics of development and non-profit fundraising. Development staff will provide introductory training on the donor management database for the intern. The intern will exit the program with the skills to identify and research top fundraising prospects for non-profits and liaise with elite donors on behalf of the development team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform research on prospective donors’ personal backgrounds, contact information, career history and giving capacity
- Compile research into polished reports for CEO and Development team use
- Perform cold outreach to arrange meetings with prospects for CEO and development team
Database Management/Data Entry
- Update database with all prospect research and contact information
- Compile contact information from business cards retrieved from contacts and input into database
- Perform database maintenance i.e. removing duplicate accounts, updating contact information, etc.
- Scan historic files for the organization and upload to storage on Box
- Additional administrative support tasks as needed
- Follow Global Heritage Fund policies and procedures, and contribute to institutional knowledge
- Handle ad hoc projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organization and clerical skills with attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with staff and to participate in cross-functional work-teams and other teams as appropriate
- Sensitivity and appreciation for diverse viewpoints and various communication styles within a multicultural work environment
- Must have your own laptop computer
- Excellent Macintosh computer skills
- Knowledge of database programs
- 1 year of previous administrative support experience
- Familiarity with cultural heritage and/or economic development
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 year previous administrative support experience
- Exposure to a non-profit setting preferred, through work, internship, or study
- Experience working in a diverse, team-orientated, and fast-paced environment
START DATE AND COMPENSATION
The projected start date for this position will be February 5th, 2018, and will last for three months. The Program intern is a part-time (16 hours/week) position with a flexible schedule and a starting wage of $15/hour.
Applications and all supporting documents must be received by January 17th, 2018. The Selection Committee will review all applications following the closing date. Applicants will be notified of their status by January 19, 2018. Additionally, because this position works with large amounts of confidential and financial information, final candidates will undergo a background check prior to hire.
All pages of the application should be typed. If emailed, all documents should be in Word format. Each application package should include the following:
- Cover letter, with the applicant’s current contact information
- Resume, including references with contact information
- 1 page writing sample, in English
Complete applications with supporting documents should be sent to us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please do not submit mailed applications via snail mail.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE! Please note: due to the volume of applications we receive, we will not be able to process applications that are incomplete.
The Global Heritage Fund is committed to working globally and addressing inequities. In line with this global lens, it is our policy to actively seek a diverse pool of candidates, from a variety of backgrounds, who are committed to the mission and vision of the Global Heritage Fund.